The AJNs programs fall into following broad categories:
- Professional development programs for media professionals in Asian countries.
- Cultural exchange programs and trainings for media people generally.
- To promote research among Asian Journalism schools, institutions and universities.
- To train the media persons, and prepare them according to need of the time.
- To provide the platform for academics and media professionals to fill the gap between both industries.
- To connects professionals and academics on one platform.
- To cater the needs of professionalism in Asian countries to strengthen democracy and peace journalism.
- To promote inter-faith dialogues and war reporting to promote peace and harmony through journalism.
- To teach the effective use of social media for professional journalists.
- To strengthen investigative and independent journalism in Asia region.
- To encourage women work in media and minority reporting in the developing countries.
- To promote free media and freedom of press in most dangerous countries of the world and particularly in Asian region.
The network works with like-minded international organizations committed to strengthening the capacity of news media to produce robust, independent, investigative, informed and peace journalism.